Choquequirao, also known as the “Cradle of Gold” Archaeological complex located in the Cordillera Vilcabamba 3,100 meters, this is a perfect place for those who want to discover and explore the Andes and its magnificent beauty, its landscape, flora and fauna.Un place good place for people who like adventure and have more information about the lost city of the Incas, this journey shows us all about Choquekiraw because it does not target the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco – Cachora – Chiquisca – Capuliyoc.
A representative of our company will pick you up at 4:00 am from your hotel then drive 3 hours to the village of Cachora, where we will have our breakfast and get ready to start our journey, our first walk will be 2 hours along a downward path our first glimpses into the valley and the river, the road is surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants such as begonias, orchids, cactus, and we can also see some very rare local birds. Once We arrive Capuliyoc to 2,900 meters, we will be honored to see the snowy Padrayoc to 5.400 meters, from this point we will have time to enjoy our snack and to take some pictures of the place and the river we can see down. We began to descend zigzag to reach the place where we will have lunch at 2 pm, in this place you can relax and get to know more the area. After our lunch we will walk for 2 hours until you can get Capuliyoc where we will have our first camping and overnight.
Journey time: 6 hours.
Distance: 12 km.
Altitude: 3,200 m to 1,800 m.
Day 2: La Playa – Marampata – Choquequirao.
After our breakfast we will walk approximately two hours to climb reaching up towards Santa Rosa (2095 meters high), in this place we will have time to freshen up and take a short break, we can also observe sugar cane and drink based product (Cambrai). After our short break empesaremos walking uphill for two hours towards Marampata heading to 3000.metros, from this place we can observe the Apurimac canyon and the archaeological site of Choquekiraw, here we will have lunch and have the space to take a personal toilet, continue our journey to walk for two hours we will arrive to our camp, near the archaeological site of Choquequirao to 3100
It is important not to carry our belongings, leave it in the store to be free and watch the place magnificent condor flying narrowly missing the place.
Distance: 14 km
Walking time: 7-8 hours
Day 3: Choquequirao – Marampata – La Playa.
After a delicious breakfast we start our day by visiting the mysterious Inca site Choquek’iraw, at this point our guide will provide us with information on everything that was mean and this place, it will give us scope of the Inca history, walk through places most important in this archaeological site, we will see the main square, high Choquekiraw, ceremonial sector and the sector of the flames, where we see these Andean animals in original size, then we will have time to explore the place on our own, take pictures and take a breather for these sites and then go to our camp for a delicious lunch, when we return to Marampata have new views of the canyon on the way and we can also find some birds in the area, orchids, flowers and other plants after four hours I decline arrived at our camp called the beach (1500 meters above sea level) where we will spend the night next to the famous Rio Apurimac (the God who speaks).
Distance: 13 km
Day 4: La Playa – Capuliyoc – Cachora- Cusco.
We start our trek early to return to Cusco at night. From this point of Capuliyoc is four hours. This is a journey through the beautiful mountains where we can observe the Padrayoc (5400m, and Salkantay 6200 m), in the course of our journey we will have the company of the sun and the flight of some condors are flying over our heads, this is our last trip where we eat outdoors and walk for two hours to average Cachora, where we say goodbye to the whole group that was with us in our journey to take the bus that will take us to Cusco.
Distance: 12 km.
Height: 1,500m – 2,900m.
– Prior information before heading out to Choquequirao with the tour guide.
– Pick up from your hotel – Transfer from Cusco to Cachora path.
– Breakfast on the first day. – Tour Guide. – Professional Chef
– All meals, breakfast, lunch, happy hour, dinner.
– Vegetarian Food, if you wish. – Snacks in the morning.
– Boiled water for your water bottle and also for personal asea.
– Dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, table and lamp gas for the evenings.
– Horsemen and mules to move things from our camp and personal items.
– Carry 8 kg of belongings so you only have to walk with your water.
– Entrance to the archaeological site of Choquekiraw, price for Camping sites.
– Tour of the archeological complex of Inca area.
– A horse for some emergency assistance if you feel sick or are sick.
– First aid kit with emergency oxygen tank.
– Inflatable matrax. – Additional Amounts.
– Sleeping bag (available for rent)
– Inflatable cushions for comfort (3 inches / 8 cm thick) (rentals available)
– Staff (available for rent)
– Rain poncho and waterproof plastic pants or rain.
– Hiking shoes for our walk.
– Sandals relax our feet after walking.
– Warm clothes, jackets, fleeces, gloves, scarf, beanie. We also recommend thermal sleepwear.
– Sleeping bag.
– Hat against the sun, rain and cold
– Sunscreen, especially during the day in our winter.
– Insect repellent.
– During the tour it has bathrooms, but need to carry toilet paper.
– Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, dried fruits.
– Own kit with special drugs, small towel.
– Enough money in soles, you may want to buy some water or chocolates on the road.
– Original passport and ISIC (International Student Identity Card – if applicable).
– Walking sticks or poles (Note sticks with metal spikes are not allowed to take the archaeological park).
$620 per person by booking 2-3 people
$690per person by booking 4-5 people
$550 per person when booking 6 or more